IPU-MSU Offers Live Online Learning – Open to Everyone!
Welcome to IPU
The Institute of Public Utilities (IPU) supports informed, effective, and efficient regulation of the infrastructure-intensive network industries that provide essential electricity, natural gas, water, and broadband services. IPU was established in 1965 and operates as a self-sustaining unit within MSU Extension at Michigan State University, the nation’s pioneer land-grant institution. We are located on MSU’s beautiful East Lansing campus and collaborate with faculty and researchers from various academic colleges, departments, and centers.
IPU specializes in conducting applied research and providing exceptional learning and networking opportunities to professionals in the utility policy community. Consistent with IPU’s academic purpose, IPU is devoted to the ideals of regulatory independence and technical capacity. IPU’s neutral analytical and instructional practice is informed by a broad array of traditional and applied disciplines, including economics, political science, law, accounting, finance, and engineering. IPU‘s educational forums sharpen the skills needed by regulatory professionals to address today’s most salient challenges of infrastructure governance, including the integration of markets and economic regulation.
IPU’s educational programs feature a diverse faculty network that includes both nationally recognized university educators and expert practitioners known for their insight, experience, and teaching ability. Program participation is typically eligible for continuing education credits and can lead to a Certificate of Continuing Regulatory Education (CCRE).
The IPU Advantage is:
- University-sponsored and credit-eligible continuing education.
- Institutional expertise to translate principles into practice.
- Highly qualified, experienced, and objective program instructors.
- Professionally designed and delivered curriculum and materials.
- Personal attention and valuable networking experiences.
- Superior program value at a low cost of participation.
- Flexible options, special discounts, and no cancellation fees.